Poor customer service

chris mawson

I joined the airfix club on july 29th and to date have not recieved my pack, i have contacted them on 2 previous occasions and was informed they had a supply issue and it would be sorted by november

Stil waiting and to be honesi have lost faith with airfix now i have spent thousands with them over the years and was a club meber for a decade and to be fobbed off with poor excuses for cistoner service is im afraid just not good enough 

What happened to trying to resolve my issue another way other than false promises and poor excuses

NIT GOOD ENOUGH AIRFIX

• 2 months later...

I agree with Chris as I have similar problems.

I ordered my club kit and the decals were missing. I contacted Airfix a couple of times, but after more than half a year I am still waiting for a reply.

Now all Airfix club members abroad got a mail from Airfix announcing, that they will discontinue the overseas memberships.

Just the fact, that nobody from Airfix takes care about this forum shows the problem.

And no, this is not related to COVID, it is just poor service.

I really feel sorry for this iconic brand.

Would you care to read this?

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/news/airfix-club-update-2021

It's hardly Hornby's fault really, as I know that a large proportion of members got their packs on time. Besides, now that they have admitted their mistakes, which I thought was jolly decent of them, all this is slightly outdated. I admit, it should have been done properly but at least they aren't ignoring our complaints! So when the new club Mk.2 comes out, your membership will be transfered to the new club if you so desire at, I believe, no extra cost unless it has run out, but I doubt at that time it will be the case.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, I'm just bored with the endless moaning of a minority of members/customers.

C.T.

@ CT:

Thank you for the link to the club announcement, but this is the same content as in the mail to the overseas members I was referring to.

Perhaps you are bored by complaints, but I suspect there will be complaints if Airfix does not react.

In my case I contacted them several times to get the missing decals from my club kit, but I have neither received the decals nor an answer. And this after more than 6 months. Sorry, but as there is still no solution and hence for me the case is not outdated.  

You might say, this is a minor topic, but it is not only this issue. I think it is not a surprise, that many club members are disappointed after Airfix took a longer time to work on the new club concept and now a few months after the launch it seems they restart everything again. And for interested modelers from outside the UK it currently not possible to joint the club.

Whenever Airfix is launching something – no matter if it was the club or the announcement of the annual product range – their IT collapses. This can happen, once or twice but in this case, it seems to be a reoccurring problem. In the digital age this is fatal. This year they provided after the problems at least a short clip introducing the new kits on youtube. And to make the catalogue now online available is a late step, but for sure into the right direction…

• 3 weeks later...
Would you care to read this?

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/news/airfix-club-update-2021

It's hardly Hornby's fault really, as I know that a large proportion of members got their packs on time. Besides, now that they have admitted their mistakes, which I thought was jolly decent of them, all this is slightly outdated. I admit, it should have been done properly but at least they aren't ignoring our complaints! So when the new club Mk.2 comes out, your membership will be transfered to the new club if you so desire at, I believe, no extra cost unless it has run out, but I doubt at that time it will be the case.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, I'm just bored with the endless moaning of a minority of members/customers.

C.T.

I’m an overseas member, I joined July 20th 2020 and since then, at no time was I informed that the overseas membership was ending. Nor does it say this in https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/news/airfix-club-update-2021

When one pays for a service and get a 10p membership card and a cheap calendar it’s time to call them out.

Even if you know of a large proportion UK members who got their membership packs. I don’t know of a single member in New England who got anything more than me.

So it’s rather sad you Fob us off as a moaning minority and say “it’s hardly Hornby’s fault”. Who on earth’s fault it is? This “I’m all right Jack” because I you Got what I paid for attitude is all very well. But it’s hardly what I consider good customer service.

Prof I.R.B.

Hi Michael, I work for Airfix and I just wanted to say that we're sorry for letting you down. We really want to improve and I'll outline a few of the steps we are taking to improve below:

We have recently increased the investment into our IT infrastructure (this includes a new website). We won't get everything right but we are confident we are now heading in the right direction.

We are more determined than ever to listen to our customers going forwards. The recent request for feedback and suggestions for the new Club is an early example.

We are investing into our customer service. We have recently started dealing with requests that come directly into our social media inboxes and we also plan to have a more active presence on this forum going forwards.

Of course, we will still get things wrong but what matters is that we learn from our mistakes and improve.

You mentioned that you have been ignored for over 6 months? This isn't good enough. Could you please email me at hello@airfix.com and I will see that we put things right as soon as possible?

Dan
Airfix

just so you can see and be aware of my earlier comment. I’ve also written to hello@Airfix.com and maybe I’ll get a reply this time

• 4 months later...

I was lucky enough to get one of the first ones and a piece was missing, I have been in contact many times with airfix on Instagram so when I found a piece was missing it was sorted pretty fast, however this being said I have heard many horror stories of people being effectively robbed of their £35 pounds as they never received their pack. This is not the airfix I know!